Average speed control between two points have proven effective. We have also noted that drivers are keeping within the speed limits well after the speed control zone. This is partly because they do not realise that they have left the speed control zone and partly because traffic is fluid when all drivers keep to the maximum speed.
Ben Weyts - Flemish Transport Minister
Traffic offences: Remote control of traffic offences
The following situations are captured and recorded:
- average speed exceeding the speed limit on a specific road section,
- non authorised heavy goods vehicles,
- crossing a continous white line,
- driving on the wrong side of the road,
- driving through a red traffic light,
- crossing a level crossing when closed...
Active traffic monitoring: Risk event traffic control (artifical intelligence).
The police conduct traffic controls in specific cases:
- risk events,
- proactive search (artifical intelligence),
- threat prevention,
- vehicle border control...
Safety: Prevent and avoid accidents.
Automatic incident detection is becoming a thing of the past! Permanaent road monitoring used to be carried out using automatic incident detection cameras. Today road safety has gone one step further with the introduction of ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition):
- compliance with traffic rules
- detection of any event that can put road users in danger.